The beginning

By July 18, 1926 No Comments

The school was solemnly blessed by His Grace Archbishop Timothy Casey on August 29th, 1926 and the school opened on September 7th of the same year with 92 students. In 1963 there were 385 children enrolled.

The Sisters of Charity of Halifax educated generations of children in Our Lady of Sorrows Parish, teaching in the school from 1927 onwards until they left the parish in 1982, and in Notre Dame Regional High School from its opening in 1953 onwards.