Tips to Help You Keep Reading Over the Summer!!
SUMMER READING TIPS *Set time aside to read daily and use pillows, flashlights etc. to make your reading space fun and comfortable. *Visit the public library weekly and join their…
-Laura Pardie Salas
Our Library Magazines:
This is an awesome website for supplementing your Language Arts writing unit in any grade. The site is free and includes lesson plans/ideas, student interactives, and handouts for students. Check it out!
Looking for good webquests with up to date links? Well this is the site for you. With loads of Webquests in nearly every subject area for nearly every grade level, this is a very useful technological based resourse.
Our Lady of Sorrows School Library is an inviting and positive place for students to come and develop a love of reading, as well as develop skills for identifying, locating and evaluating varied informational sources.
Through a collaborative effort between the teacher-librarian, the classroom teachers and the Library Technician, an effective school library program has been created to promote avid readers and information literate citizens.
The Library program provides instruction in the areas of curriculum support, information literacy and literature appreciation.
Library Monitors 2018-2019
NEW BOOKS FOR SEPTEMBER 2019!!
Take a SNEEK PEEK in our Photo Gallery…
40 wonderful NEW LIBRARY BOOKS have been catalogued for you to check out
for BACK TO SCHOOL in SEPTEMBER 😉
Here are some of my favorites!!
If you have any questions or suggestions…please let me know 🙂
Thanks for your support!
Our Lady of Sorrows TOP 10 Library Book Titles for 2018-2019
1. Minecraft – Combat handbook (by Stephanie Milton)
2. Plants vs. Zombies – Petal to the Metal (by Paul Tobin)
3. Minecraft – Construction handbook (by Matthew Needler)
4. Diary of a Wimpy Kid – The Last Straw (by Jeff Kinney)
5. Sisters (by Raina Telgemeier)
6. Smile (by Raina Telgemeier)
7. Big Nate Strikes Again (by Lincoln Peirce)
8. Diary of a Wimpy Kid – Hard Luck (by Jeff Kinney)
9. Dog Man and Cat Kid (by Dav Pilkey)
10. Guinness World Records 2016 (by Craig Glenday)
Have you read any of our TOP 10 books?
* FOR THE MONTH OF JUNE *
* Monday, June 10 – Pro-D Day (NO SCHOOL)
* Friday, June 14 – Sports Day (Note: 12pm Dismissal)
* Sunday, June 16 – HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!
* Monday, June 17 – Step Up Day!!
Bowling for Library Monitors & Peer Tutors
* Friday, June 21 – Kindergarten Wrap-Up Day 🙂
* Monday, June 24 – Gr 7 Farewell Ceremonies (Note: 12pm Dismissal)
* Wednesday, June 26 – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
Have a relaxing, fun & safe summer!!
See you in September 😉