New Library Books for December 2018
Take a look in our Photo Gallery at all the wonderful NEW LIBRARY BOOKS catalogued for you to enjoy checking out in DECEMBER!!
-Laura Pardie Salas
Our Library Magazines:
This is an awesome website for supplementing your Language Arts writing unit in any grade. The site is free and includes lesson plans/ideas, student interactives, and handouts for students. Check it out!
Looking for good webquests with up to date links? Well this is the site for you. With loads of Webquests in nearly every subject area for nearly every grade level, this is a very useful technological based resourse.
Our Lady of Sorrows School Library is an inviting and positive place for students to come and develop a love of reading, as well as develop skills for identifying, locating and evaluating varied informational sources.
Through a collaborative effort between the teacher-librarian, the classroom teachers and the Library Technician, an effective school library program has been created to promote avid readers and information literate citizens.
The program provides instruction in the areas of curriculum support, information literacy and literature appreciation.
~ NEW BOOKS FOR DECEMBER ~
Take a LOOK in our Photo Gallery
at the wonderful NEW LIBRARY BOOKS catalogued for you
to enjoy checking out in December!!
Here are some of my favorites!!
HAPPY READING 🙂
* Monday, December 3 – Fall Sports Assembly (Parents WELCOME)
Advent Paraliturgy – 9am in the church led by Gr 5 & 6
* Tuesday, December 4 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
* Monday, December 10 – Second Advent Paraliturgy 9am in church led by Gr 3 & 4
* Monday, December 17 – Third Advent Paraliturgy 9am in church led by Gr 7
* Thursday, December 20 – Christmas Concert
(Matinee is at 1pm/Evening show is at 6:30pm)
* Friday, December 21 – Pancake Breakfast with Santa
Green/Red Colour Day – $2 on this day towards Holy Childhood Association
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
(12 noon Dismissal)
* Monday, January 7, 2019 – School Re-Opens