COMPUTER USE GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
Our Lady of Sorrows Elementary School provides Internet access for educational and research purposes.
Please follow these guidelines!
* Users are prohibited from using the Internet for illegal, obscene or inappropriate purposes.
* Users are not allowed to access game or chat sites.
* Users are to use appropriate language in communication with other users on the network.
* Users may check their email only to access homework or for assignment-related correspondence.
* Users are advised that school and/or network administrators have the right to inspect and monitor users' activities and files stored on the school server for security purposes or if misuse is suspected.
INAPPROPRIATE COMPUTER USE MAY INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
* Accessing, storing, duplicating or transmitting any materials in violation of Canadian law.
* Accessing, storing, duplicating or transmitting abusive, obscene, inappropriate or harassing materials.
* Accessing, storing, duplicating or transmitting copyrighted materials that violate copyright law.
* Downloading or printing any material that does not support educational purposes or without the approval of school staff.
* Vandalizing computer equipment.
* Copying, modifying or destroying other users' files on the server.
(Note: Student's Signature will be required)
CONSEQUENCES OF IMPROPER COMPUTER USE
Any user accessing the Internet in a manner inconsistent with the conditions described in this document, Canadian laws, or posted classroom and school rules shall be subject to loss of network privileges and other school discipline.