SAFETY – STUDENT DROP-OFF UPDATE
(Please read and return bottom portion to school office ASAP). For the safety of the children, there is no parking or driving into the school yard, as well as no parking on the school side of the streets, at any time between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. while school is in session.
The lane between the Hall and the Church has been designated as a Fire Lane. There is no parking, stopping or drop-off in this area at any time!
Parents are to refrain from parking in or obstructing the two areas designated as parking for handicapped and the Principal’s parking.
Please avoid creating traffic congestion on the Turner and Slocan side of the school. Parents are asked to please park further away from the immediate school area and take time to walk their children to the school. Furthermore, morning supervision of the playground begins at 8:15 a.m. Children are therefore not to be left alone by parents before this time. When children are coming to school for early morning instruction or club and sports activity, it is the responsibility of parents to make sure children have entered the building area in which they are expected to be. After school supervision will end at 3:05 p.m. For the safety of all students, students must leave the school grounds at this time as there will be no additional supervision provided. Parents are responsible for their children after 3:05 p.m.
1. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CARS IN THE DROP-ZONES
2. DO NOT BLOCK OR DROP-OFF IN FRONT OF DRIVEWAYS
3. AND PLEASE DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE PEACH ALLEY HOUSE ACROSS THE DROP OFF ZONE. THE ALLEY IS A GOOD WAY TO PROCEED AND TURN LEFT OFF THE DROP OFF AREA. DO NOT PARK AND WALK KIDS ACROSS THE ALLEY, AS IT IS TOO DANGEROUS.
4. LASTLY, ABSOLUTELY NO U-TURNS!!!
AFTER SCHOOL PICK UP:
1. PLEASE PARK RESPECTFULLY AROUND THE NEIGHBOURHOOD AND LEAVE QUICKLY AS MOST NEIGHBOURS DO NOT MIND A QUICK OR RESPECTFUL STOP.
2. DO NOT PARK IN FIRE LANES OR IN FRONT OF DRIVE WAYS 3. PLEASE REMOVE CHILDREN QUICKLY AFTERSCHOOL AS PLAYING IN THE PLAYGROUND AFTER
3 P.M. WILL ONLY HURT CONGESTION AND KIDS GETTING INJUREDSafety Parking Drop off Pick up Procedures