History

Timeline

2006

Flag Day 2006

Flag Day 2006

1987

First Walkathon (1987)

First Walkathon (1987)

1982

The Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul ended their sixty years of service in our school and parish at the end of June 1982.

The Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul ended their sixty years of service in our school and parish at the end of June 1982.

At the beginning of September 1982, the Daughters of St. Mary of Providence began their ministry in the school by assigning a Sister to assist in the Kindergarten class. Currently,..Read More

1977

50th Anniversary

50th Anniversary

1970

The first lay Principal was appointed in September 1970.

The first lay Principal was appointed in September 1970.

1970

New Hall 1970

New Hall 1970

1963

School photo

School photo

1962

1962 Baseball Team

1962 Baseball Team

The staff at OLS was delighted to see this picture of the OLS baseball team!   Many thanks to R. Van Eslande, and R. Studnicki for making this picture available!

1958

Grade 8 1958-1959

Grade 8 1958-1959

1955

1955 Grade 4

1955 Grade 4

1955

Grade 4  1955

Grade 4 1955

1951

May Procession 1951

May Procession 1951

1948

1948 Grads

1948 Grads

1948

The Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul

The Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul

1948

Procession 1948

Procession 1948

1947

O.L.S. School 1947

O.L.S. School 1947

1946

Outing to Deep Cove 1946

Outing to Deep Cove 1946

1945

1945 Grade 8

1945 Grade 8

1943

1943 May Service

1943 May Service

1940

First Communion Photo

First Communion Photo

1940

Group photo circa 1940

Group photo circa 1940

1940

1940 Group Photo

1940 Group Photo

1939

First Communion 1939

First Communion 1939

1935

1935 Grade 5

1935 Grade 5

1934

First Communion in 1934

First Communion in 1934

1933

1933 Grade 3

1933 Grade 3

1929

First Communion 1929

First Communion 1929

1929

OLS 1929

OLS 1929

1927

First Staff of School

First Staff of School

1926

First Student Body 1926

First Student Body 1926

These are the first students to attend Our Lady of Sorrows School.  Note the old Canadian flag!!

1926

The beginning

The beginning

The school was solemnly blessed by His Grace Archbishop Timothy Casey on August 29th, 1926 and the school opened on September 7th of the same year with 92 students. In..Read More

1916

Christmas 1916 in the old church

Christmas 1916 in the old church

1913

Interior of the Old Church

Interior of the Old Church

1913

Our Lady of Sorrows Church 1913

Our Lady of Sorrows Church 1913

1913

Rectory and Church 1913

Rectory and Church 1913