The City of Vancouver will be completing the final Renfrew Street area upgrades this week, at the corner of Turner Street and Slocan Street.
For the next 2 weeks, the intersection of Turner St. and Slocan St. will be CLOSED. There will be no through traffic in any direction around that corner. This will cause congestion of traffic to the front of school and around the drop-off areas, especially around the westside of Turner St. and the southside of Slocan St. We recommend coming through the Pender St. drop–off, and if driving east up Turner St., to turn right down the alley to exit on to Georgia St. DO NOT COME UP GEORGIA ST. THRU THE ALLEY TO TURNER ST., AS THAT WILL GIVE US MORE CONGESTION!! Please be aware that alley accesses will be busy, and we wish to continue to be good neighbours. PLEASE DRIVE SLOW and give yourselves more time in the mornings to arrive and stay safe. BE AWARE of neighbourhood parking signs as we do not wish to be fined for improper parking. Thank you for your understanding.
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA TRAVEL ADVISORY!!- URGENT!
As many families are contemplating traveling to the US or internationally in the coming months, we wish to advise ALL families that all kids under 12, whether traveling with vaccinated or unvaccinated adults, must not attend school for 14 days after returning from travel! These are Federal Government Regulations and any family who does not follow the Federal Travel Advisories and Restrictions may be reported and fined. Please notify the office via e-mail if your child will be not attending school for 14 days post-travel. Please Note: Arrive Can will track your arrival dates and anyone who breaks the recommendations of quarantine will be fined $5,000. The school has no ability to modify these requirements or waive any fines. Please see the links below:
- Children accompanying fully vaccinated travellers – Children under 12 do not need to “quarantine/self-isolate” and they can go outside their home, however, their movements are limited and one of the things they are restricted from doing is attend school for 14 days after return.
- Children accompanying unvaccinated travellers – Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 travelling with unvaccinated parents must follow all testing and quarantine requirements – they are expected to be in full quarantine for 14 days and therefore cannot attend school.
- Any double vaccinated children do not need to isolate upon a negative PCR Test result.
We wish to thank our parents for continuing to follow 5 basic steps for COVID SAFETY and keeping each other safe!
- Not attending school if ill (cough, colds, fever).
- Washing hands frequently.
- Wearing a mask indoors.
- Respecting everyone’s personal space and practicing safe distancing.
- Continuing to support each other by being kind and respecting each other’s needs for safety.
NOVEMBER 26, 2021 – REPORT CARDS TO BE SENT HOME
Report Cards will be sent home on Friday, November 26th. Information of your upcoming Parent Teacher Conference Times will be included in the report cards. Please contact the office if you are missing your times.
NOVEMBER 28, 2021 – FAMILY MASS – 11:30 A.M.
The Family Mass will held be on Sunday, November 28th at 11:30 a.m. We invite all families from OLS to celebrate the Family Mass. This is a wonderful way for our families to attend and participate in the required Sunday liturgy.
NOVEMBER 29, 2021 – ADVENT PARALITURGY
Our first Advent Para liturgy will take place on Monday, November 28th at 9:00 a.m. in the church led by the Gr. 5 & 6 classes. The Gr. 5 & 6 classes will be receiving confession on this day.
DECEMBER 1, 2021 – VIRTUAL PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCE
Virtual Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, December 1st. Each conference will be 10 minutes long. Further details to follow. Please remember there will be no school on Wednesday, December 1st for students.
NOVEMBER 2021 HOT LUNCH DATES
|November 26, 2021 (Friday – Gr. 7)||Ragazzi Cheese Pizza|
|December 2, 2021 (Thursday)||Subway|
|December 3, 2021 (Friday – Gr. 7)||McDonald’s Hamburger|
|December 10, 2021 (Friday – Gr. 7)||McDonald’s Junior Chicken|