The Grade 6 class has been researching and reporting on positive environmental stories. These short clips were made in our ADST Media Arts program. Scroll through the playlist to see Grade 6 students reporting on a variety of environmental issues.
What a start to our new program this year! Our programs continue this year with the exciting addition of robotics, a solid platform for coding, as well as some great makerspace additions.
As a teacher it is sad to not see students face-to-face, yet the smiles and the joy of the making and building projects really lifts my spirits.
This year was filled with many interesting and memorable activities. This slideshow can be viewed in full screen.
Our library renovation has meant we have the space to create amazing learning opportunities for our students. We are asking parents for the following used items they may no longer need:
- K’nex (large or small kits or random pieces)
- Lego (standard size – any pieces)
- Older iPhone or android phones (with charger if possible -we can help unlock or erase data)
- C- clamps (various sizes)
- Chopsticks unused or clean
- LED Christmas lights
- Unused craft or scrap booking supplies
- Various hand tools
Thanks for your support this last term. Please drop off any items to the office or library. If you have any questions, Click here to email me
You may also leave a question in the comments section below.
Sincerely Mr. P. Stocker
« Previous 1 2 3
RECENT SCHOOL PROJECTS:
- Lego challenges – Grades K-2
- building and designing challenges
- wiring small houses with LED lights in a series circuit – Grade 6
- tie dye t-shirts Grade 6
- knitting – Grade 6
- green screen movies of First Peoples’ housing – Grade 3
- podcasts: social issues, basic needs, and environmental issues – Grades 3 and 6
- fossil exploration and reports – Grade 5
- claymation adaptation movies – Grade 7
- center of the earth model – Grade 5
- graphic design principles applied in posters. Grades 6 and 7
- community workers movies -Grade 1
- saint project documentaries – Grade 4
- human joint models – Grade 5
- plant and animal cell exploration with microscopes – Grade 7
- local ecosystem dioramas – Grade 4
- community mapping – Grade 1
- Water documentaries – Grade 2
- Sumerian technology challenge – Grade 7