COVID UPDATE! – IMPORTANT!
Last week’s News Release from the Premier’s Office, Provincial Health Officer Dr. Henry announced new and amended orders and guidelines that will be in effect through April 19, 2021, which include: “Public health guidance for schools has also been amended to require students from Grade 4 to Grade 7 to wear masks while at school.”
Updated masks in schools guidelines
All K to 12 staff and all students in grades 4 to 12 are required to wear non-medical masks in all indoor areas, including:
- At their workstations (desks)
- On school buses
- Within and outside learning groups
- A person who cannot tolerate wearing a mask for health or behavioural reasons
- A person unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person
- If the mask is removed temporarily for the purposes of identifying the person wearing it
- If the mask is removed temporarily to engage in an educational activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask. For example:
- Playing a wind instrument
- Engaging in high-intensity physical activity
- If a person is eating or drinking
- If a person is behind a barrier
- While providing a service to a person with a disability or diverse ability (including but not limited to a hearing impairment), where visual cues, facial expressions and/or lip reading/movements are important
Students in Kindergarten to grade 3 are encouraged to wear a mask indoors in schools and on school buses. Mask wearing remains a personal or family/caregiver choice for these students, and their choices must be respected.
We will have non-medical masks available for any student if needed. Teachers will also hand out masks if a student forgets theirs at home. Also, please remember to wash masks as frequently as you would underwear or put in the dryer when they come home.
We are asking families to continue to daily screen, keep children home if they are not well or showing any of the cold or flu symptoms, and to let the office know if there are any potential exposure risks. It may take several days for us to be notified by FH or VCH, therefore if you are unsure of what is best to do for your child, please email the office. All cases are kept confidential! Also, travel to whistler has now been banned, as well travel to vacation cabins. We ask any family who travelled to those areas over the break to wait 72 hrs. and be symptom free prior to sending children back to school to ensure safety for all classmates.
We will continue to monitor and update you on all announcements from the Ministry of Health and from the Ministry of Education.
Due to the higher risk of spread, we are stopping ALL special event treats from home effective immediately, i.e., Easter, spring, or summer treats, etc.
APRIL 6, 2021- LENT BOXES DUE THIS WEEK!
All boxes are due back this week. We ask that ALL students label their box with their name and dollar amount collected. Please use this opportunity to encourage your child to give alms (to do charitable work).
APRIL 14-16, 2021 – CLOTHING DRIVE
Please note we will be having a Clothing Drive! Time to clear out your closet.
April 14th – 16th – 8:25 am (morning drop-off)
Donations we take:
Lightly used and clean
- Clothing for men, women, and children
- Accessories (belts, hats, scarves)
- Shoes and boots
- Under garments, nylons, and socks
- Towels, tablecloths, and curtains
- Blankets, bedding, and pillows
How to Bag Donations:
- Fill standard black garbage bags (26” x 36”)
- Minimum 16lbs & Maximum 20lbs
APRIL 23, 2021 – EARTH DAY – COLOUR DAY
Dress down in earth colour tones on Friday, April 23rd. Those children having gym class on this day, are still required to wear gym strip under their clothes.
APRIL 2021 HOT LUNCH DATES:
|April 8, 2021 (Thursday)||Subway|
|April 16, 2021 (Friday Gr. 7)||Stan’s Pizza|
|April 22, 2021 (Thursday)||Pizza|
|April 30, 2021 (Friday Gr. 7)||Pizzette|
June 4th CLASS PHOTO DAY-DATE CHANGE
Please note date change for the class photos. All students are to come dressed in full uniform. If they have gym that day, please send full uniform, as the class pictures will be taken PRIOR to their gym classes.
OUR LADY OF SORROWS PRESCHOOL
We continue to accept registration for both the Three-Year-Old and Four-Year-Old Preschool classes for the September 2021 – June 2022 school year. For further information, please contact the preschool by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEAT UNIFORMS NEWS
Please click here for information from Neat Uniforms regarding Our Lady of Sorrows School focus week, online buying procedures and promotional deals. Uniforms should be replaced every year due to children outgrowing them or wear and tear.
Thank you to our amazing Fundraising Group for raising $1600 in our Egg-Raffle. Thank you to all our families that supported our fun – raising goals!
Stay tuned for our on-line silent auction news and thank you to all for your continued support of our students!